Since the 1990s, I’ve held three to five-day women’s writing retreats. Adult and young adult writers, at all stages of writing, need such time to renew themselves and to explore the relationship between art and body, mind and spirit.
Each writer has hours alone and in a group to write (or work in another art of choice), and to rest. She can choose to meditate, attend a zendo or Christian services, do yoga with our extraordinary yoga teacher, or hike or ski at will.
Some retreats include river rafting, kayaking, and the choice to camp outside, in tepees, or to stay in luxury cabins. All including writing, high-quality, healthy meals that cater to specific needs, and time to wander, adventure, and dream in beautiful, remote and sacred settings.
See sandradorr.blogspot.com for retreat account with photos.
Previous retreat sites:
- St. Benedict’s Monastery, Snowmass, Colorado
- Crestone Mountain Zen Center, Colorado
- Benet Pines Retreat Center, Colorado Springs
- San Juan, Dolores & Colorado rivers, Colorado & Utah
- Manzanita, Neskowin and Cannon Beach, Oregon Coast
- Audobon Sanctuary, Mt. Hood, Oregon
Sandra is also available to teach in other retreat centers. Please contact Sandra for more information.