In spring, 2018, I finished a two-year writing residency at Hope West, a Grand Junction hospice. Humbling, life changing, every day.
- This Body of Light: Stories and Poems from Hospice will follow two earlier nonfiction books, on travel and women’s health, and a poetry collection, Desert Water (Lithic Press, 2009).
- Over 200 articles, editorials, essays, poems, scripts and stories have been performed and/or published.
- Works appear in Ms., the Bloomsbury Review, the Oregonian, the Village Voice, Women’s Wear Daily, the Denver Post, the Taos Review, Open Spaces, American Fiction, the New Delta Review, In These Times, Mpls. Magazine, Portland Magazine, Rite of Passage (Lonely Planet anthology), others.
- Works performed on NPR, Oregon Public Radio, Colorado Public Radio, Rocky Mountain PBS, Boulder Art Ensemble Theatre, Earth on the Air & Monitoradio.
- Writing residencies at Yaddo, the Edward Albee Foundation, Ucross, Soapstone, the Millay Colony, others and most recently, the Sitka Center for Art & Ecology.
- Oregon and Wyoming state literature awards in fiction.
- American Fiction award, The Ruth Underhill Fiction Award, & the Rebecca Knoettege Fiction Award.
- First Place, the Poetry Society of Colorado contest, second place, Salt Hill Review poetry contest, third place, The Writer/Rosebud “New Discovery” poetry contest.
The American Academy of Poets
National Writers Union, NYC
The Lighthouse, Denver
Boulder Media Women
Board Advisor, Western Colorado Writers’ Forum